Welcome to The Awareness Project. The idea behind this project started roughly a few months ago, maybe three or four. When it began, it was nothing more than a nagging feeling in my chest and an idea that wanted desperately to be recognized within myself. I wanted to make a difference and give people the opportunity to make a difference.
Unfortunately, this idea did not even become a semblance of a plan until about two months ago when Dedorongolas
and I talked about it and then I turned to UsagiTenshi
on the matter. Now, we have gained some new people, we're recruiting more and we are still trying to work out the kinks.
Now that the back story is explained a little, this is the idea: We will make t-shirt designs that will feature one cause from a specifically colored ribbon. These shirts will be sold and the profit from the shirts will be donated to the cause that is featured on the shirt that was bought. For example, in the gallery there is an image that I drew as a preview for the series so that we can all kind of get a feel for what I'm talking about, and the guidelines of the pictures are simple:
1. The front will contain either one character drawn twice(once by myself and again by someone else) or two characters(with the same idea in mind).
2. These characters must be associated to the color in some way: personality, outfit choice, hair color, skin color, relevance, etc.
3. On them, either in their hand on their clothes or somewhere on their person, the characters must be wearing the ribbon.
4. Between the two drawings there will be a typography that will deal with the cause in a way that makes people think about it, possibly in a new light.
5. The back will always feature the other causes that the specific ribbon represents. It will have one ribbon of appropriate color above and below the text. There may even be chibis.
If you want to be a part of this, this is invite only, so I am sorry to say that not just anyone can join in. I know, this sounds pretty weird, but this is something that I want to take seriously. We want to make a difference, and to do so means effort and dedication as well as trust. I'm sorry, but we really can't just bring in any and everyone, even if we would like to. You can, however, watch this group for updates and changes, if you'd like or spread the word about this project so that we can make it into something great.
Our next big step is deciding who wants to do what and to choose specific colored ribbons to causes under that ribbon. Everyone gets a say in this, and if there is two people wanting to do the same ribbon for different causes, we may just do two. This is all up for discussion.
I've posted a journal with the ribbon colors and I bolded the causes that we already have decided on as well as included who wants to do them. Just comment on that journal when you decide on a ribbon and cause you want to do, that way we can do so in an orderly fashion and have less of a chance of problems occurring later on.
I just wanted to finish this journal with saying thank you all so much for being a part of this. Goodness knows I appreciate it, and believe me when I say that you will be making a difference in more lives than just our own.